Wednesday, June 2, 2010

What a Tangled Web We Weave

Update: 6/2/10 -- Added photo Barrel Weave.

I've been trying a lot of new weaves lately which has been quite rewarding, both for me and my future customers. So, I've decided to break down the list of what I've got under my belt so far with links to my Flickr photos. I'm always trying new weaves so this is by no means the only patterns I'm capable of doing.

Barrel Weave / Box Chain / Byzantine / Byzantine "Ladder" / Byzantine "Spikes" / Captive Inverted Round / Captive Zen / Celtic Visions / Double Spiral** / Dragonscale / European 4-in-1 / European 6-in-1 / European 8-in-2** / Full Persian / Half Persian 3-1 / Half Persian 3-1 Sheet 5 / Half Persian 4-1 / Helm Chain * / Inverted Round * /Japanese 8-in-2 Cube / Japanese 12-in-2 / Jens Pind Linkage 3 / Jens Pind Linkage 5 (JPL5)** / Mobius ** / Rondo a la Byzantine / Shaggy Loops **

Some of these I've done in different sizes and I'm trying to get the pictures updated to show each size side by side for a good comparison.

* Okay so I haven't done a piece with these weaves alone yet but the knowledge of these weaves was gained while learning others.
** No picture currently available of my work. (I'm probable waiting on a clasp before I take a photo.)

No comments: