Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Chainmaille for auction...

One of my 4 brothers is a freshman at St. Louis University High School this year. Every year the school holds a charity auction event called Cashbah. The theme for this years auction is "Welcome Aboard" and will be held on March 20, 2010.

For more details (as they become available) go to the Cashbah 2010 webpage.




For this event I created a chainmaille necklace that I donated for the auction. The necklace is made using my current favorite weave, Jens Pind Linkage. I made the necklace from bright aluminum, coiling over 150 ft of wire and cutting the coil down to over 250 individual rings, all by hand. The clasp for the necklace is a sterling silver "S" clasp. Then anchor pendant has several small Swarovski crystals and a blue glass bead dangling below it. The winner of this item at the auction will also receive a gift certificate to my shop. View another photo on Flickr here.

No comments: