Sunday, June 28, 2009

Chainmaille Squared & Jens Pind Linkage

Way back when I came across some chainmaille pieces made using square wire that I blogged about here. Well I'm pleased to announce that I've finally gotten myself come square copper wire from CandT Designs and have started pieces for my shop. The first piece on it's way is a European 4-1 (It started as Jens Pind Linkage which worked, but was just a bit too loose for my taste.) I'm planning on continuing the square line of products with JPL, Byzantine, and Full Persian as well others as I come up with good sizes for the rings.

Also from CandT Designs I picked up some 18ga square stainless steel rings that were perfect for JPL. I've been trying this weave for quite a while now with very little luck. I just couldn't quite get the rings to lay right to get it started. I know I was using rings with the right AR so I'd get frustrated and try again a few weeks later. Finally with these rings I got everything to work, and it was pretty easy once I got things started. I loved how this bracelet turned out so much that I'm keeping it for myself. Don't worry, I'll be adding one in my shop soon for you all.

No comments: